- The Dear Hindu Holy Cow: An Obituary
- Arundhati Roy: 'I believe in the idea of a Bahujan literature'
- The need to revive Periyar's revolutionary legacy
- Bihar rides roughshod over Dalits
- The plight of Dalit journalists
- In Madhya Pradesh, a rural scientist's machines bring laurels
Historian Anirudh Deshpande looks at how Hindutva may have harmed the long-term interest of the holy cow by becoming obsessed with it. He writes: “Acts that outlaw bovine slaughter will have a direct impact on the supplementary peasant incomes in the country, multiply the useless component of the country’s cattle population and make fodder more expensive. Such acts are irrational and detrimental to the country’s economic progress.”