FORWARD Press – Bilingual (English-Hindi) website and book publisher needs:
Editor (Hindi) – 1
Translator (Bilingual – Hindi to English and English to Hindi) – 1
Work place: Delhi
Salary: Commensurate with experience, ability and current compensation
The essential qualifications for the two positions are:
- Editor (Hindi)
- Understanding of Dalit, Tribal and OBC issues and commitment to a Phule-Ambedkarite ideology
- Efficiency in copy-editing
- At least three years’ experience of working in print media
- Preference will be given to those having an understanding of book compilation/publication and/or digital media.
- Other things being equal, preference will be given to Most Backward Caste (MBC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Scheduled Caste (SC) candidates.
- The applicant should be able to translate from Hindi into English and English into Hindi at a reasonable speed.
- Please note: this position is NOT meant for candidates who can translate only from English into Hindi or only from Hindi into English.
- Ability to work on MS Word and the Internet
- Preference will be given to candidates with journalistic and/or literary backgrounds.
- Should have ‘forward views’ and be in broad agreement with the vision and the values of FORWARD
- Other things being equal, preference will be given to Most Backward Caste (MBC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Scheduled Caste (SC) candidates
Those interested may email their CV by 20 April 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please include in the email a few lines (up to 300 words) about yourself and your career so far