Forward Press (www.forwardpress.in) is a bilingual (English-Hindi) news and features website. At Forward Press, we look at majority India’s issues and interests primarily through the lens of Bahujan giants Mahatma Jotiba Phule and Babasaheb Dr B.R. Ambedkar, who respectively gave us the radical compass and the constitutional map for charting the emancipative future for India’s marginalized majority. Forward Press also publishes books under the imprint ‘Forward Press Books’. We are inviting applications for the following posts:
Post : Assistant Editor (English), Forward Press
Place: East Delhi
- This post is meant for journalists who have at least two years’ experience in writing and editing features in English. Experience with book editing would be an additional credit.
- The applicants should have an empathetic eye and ear for Dalitbahujan issues
- The Assistant Editor will be required to translate regularly. Hence, candidates who can translate both from Hindi to English and English to Hindi will be given preference. Those who can only translate from Hindi to English may also apply
- Apart from writing and editing for ForwardPress.in, the Assistant Editor will oversee the publication of Forward Press’ English books
- Other things being equal, preference will be given to Most Backward Caste (MBC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Scheduled Caste (SC) candidates.
THE WORK INVOLVES:
- Editing copy (for the web magazine/books) for language and facts
- Forward Press is a bilingual publisher, hence translation is a given
- Reporting for the web magazine and writing scripts for the YouTube channel
Salary: Depending on the last salary drawn, experience and aptitude
Please send your CVs to email@example.com
The CV should contain, among other things, your name, date of birth, work experience, present address, place of birth (permanent address), social group and salary expectation. Also