Forward Press (www.forwardpress.in) is a bilingual (English-Hindi) news and features website. At Forward Press, we look at majority India’s issues and interests primarily through the lens of Bahujan giants Mahatma Jotiba Phule and Babasaheb Dr B.R. Ambedkar, who respectively gave us the radical compass and the constitutional map for charting the emancipative future for India’s marginalized majority. Forward Press also publishes books under the imprint ‘Forward Press Books’. We are inviting applications for the following post:
Post: Assistant Editor (Translation)
Vacancies: 1 (Bilingual/English to Hindi and Hindi to English)
Place: East Delhi (Near Laxmi Nagar)
- Applicants should have at least two years’ experience in translation and should be comfortable with translating articles both from English to Hindi and from Hindi to English. Speed and accuracy of translation are both needed.
- Those who can translate only from English to Hindi may also be considered.
- A Dalitbahujan sensitivity is imperative. Ideally, applicants should be familiar with the Phule-Ambedkarite ideology
- Other things being equal, preference will be given to Most Backward Caste (MBC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Scheduled Caste (SC) candidates.
- This is a full-time position that requires one to be in office. It is not meant for those who are looking to work from home.
The work typically involves:
- translating 1500-2500 words a day
- translating long pieces by historians, sociologists and anthropologists that may include academic/theoretical terms
- editing copies for language and facts
Salary (monthly): depending on the last salary drawn, experience and aptitude
Please send your CVs to email@example.com The CV should contain, among other things, your name, date of birth, work experience, present address, place of birth (permanent address), social group and salary expectation. Also